Cheese on

well..like..whatever...

Friday, March 14, 2008

A repentant sinner

David Mamet has always been a hero of mine. Without the greatest living playwright, his energetic and fearless writing has been a constant source of inspiration to me. Which is why I was particularly delighted to read this article by him in Village Voice:

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0811,374064,374064,1.html/full

Detailling his journey from 'braindead liberal' to a calmer, more rational realism. It is a similar journey to the one that I myself have made. Frankly the only surprising thing is that it has taken him so long to realise the place he was; he had arrived there long ago. From his intelligent and eloquent writing, I always took him to be a closet conservative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home